Renewable energy

Google

Thursday, February 17, 2005

large-scale biodigester

Hello again,

my little presentation went very well except for the fact that my audience thought my radical ideas were backed by a lot of in-experience compared to PhilBIO’s track record for building HUGE digesters. Patience and practical examples, however, gave my audience something to think about. I can only hope at this stage that they keep my ideas to themselves, give me some credit and allow me to build their digester.

The “model” confirms that my proposal is on the right track. PhilBIO is proposing a HUGE 20,000 m3 digester because they have to process 9,000 liters of manure + 80,000 liters of wastewater everyday. I propose a 5,000 m3 BioDigester because I want to settle, collect and only allow wet manure of approximately 19,000 liters into the digester. PLH proposes a VERY small 1,451 m3 digester and there seems to be a typo on the dilution rate. I believe should be 0.30 (not 3.0). If PhilBIO’s 20,000 m3 digester costs 4 million pesos, my 5,000 m3 BioDigester will cost less than HALF that (or less than 2 million pesos). The PLH digester at 1,451 m3 will cost less than 1 million pesos. The savings ARE SUBSTANTIAL if the digester is sized correctly.

My audience eventually appreciated the ingenuity of NOT HAVING TO DIGEST ALL the wastewater.

Again based on the “model”, if:PhilBIO’s 20,000 m3 digester will produce 668 m3 of biogas/day,My 5,000 m3 BioDigester will produce 669 m3 biogas/day; and,PLH’s 1,451 m3 digester will produce 562 m3 biogas/day, my BioDigester is PREFERABLE to PhilBIO because it is CHEAPER!

Simon, I anxiously await your two cents. Btw, does codigestion mean feeding the digester with something other than pig manure? If so, its safe to say this system will use 100% pig manure on a regular basis. However, I might advise them to occasionally add chopped grass or the like to feed the system some carbon.

Salamat at mabuhay kayong dalawa!

Gerry

2 Comments:

  • Hello Biogas:

    Could you recommend please some books about large-scale biogas design? Thanks a lot! My name is Alex. I'm doing a thesis about biogas plant design.
    My email is alexander.ildefonso@pucp.pe please send me some tittles or authors to read.

    By Blogger Alex, at 5:58 PM  

  • Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, because i
    want enjoyment, for the reason that this this web site conations truly nice funny
    data too.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; weight loss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home